Sunday, September 28, 2008

Preseason

At this point life is feeling like the preseason.  We have endured the training camp days and nights of frequent feedings and awakenings.  Now, two months into this new adventure, Levi has become much more interactive and happy.  He is always smiling and laughing.  He is also sleeping all the way through the night on a consistent basis.  I almost feel that this is the calm before the storm though.  He still takes long naps through the day and is not yet mobile.  I have a feeling that once he becomes ambulatory, that life could become a little busier.  But, for now, we have it made.  He has done well during his first week of day care (probably better then his mother has done). 

Speaking of mothers: I find it interesting that so much attention is paid the his uniform (I refuse to call it an outfit).  Our focus as parents does not always coincide.  My focus is more on the play book and her focus is more on the appearance.  I have tried to explain to her that he is a Turner. . . he will just 
naturally look good without intentional effort.  Either way, this preseason has been an exciting one.  One with much promise for a successful rookie year.  We are looking forward to our first away game that will be coming up in two weeks.  We are hoping that he does well on the road.  We will be traveling to his cousins' home field.  This will be a well deserved relief from the intrasquad scrimmaging and the daily grind.



5 comments:

Michelle said...

I must say I am impressed by the continued analogy/metaphor. I'm wondering if you'll be able to keep this going through the whole rookie year. We are looking forward to seeing yall and meeting Levi at the 'cousin's home field'

Missy said...

Levi looks good in maroon!! Can't wait for you guys to be here!!

jenn said...

He's just too cute! I'm glad y'all are adjusting to this new adventure so well. :)

Emmylouhou said...

You guys, Levi is SO beautiful. (Sorry, but I won't be speaking in football metaphors as I really don't think I could carry it off without sounding like a total moron.) I'm glad Levi is sleeping well now, and although I'd love to tell you it gets easier, I'm not going to because I would be LYING. :) However, each day presents new and more exciting challenges... the most amazing part being watching them grow, learn and say things like "Hi Uh-fly (butterfly). How Doin? Good? Okay." Love you guys. Take care.

Aggiemeeker said...

I'm so glad you're blogging all of this. Mis ya'll too much